English Program Coordinator Brazil
Our mission is to support development and environmental conservation and in Brazil by connecting volunteers and interns with local communities. We are looking for a dedicated volunteer or intern to serve as our English Program Coordinator in beautiful Itacaré, Bahia, Brazil. This team member will be responsible for further developing the curriculum, creating new lessons plans, incorporating fun and interactive activities while also teaching the classes. In addition, the English Coordinator is in charge of managing the project and supervising and supporting any other English volunteers that may also be present. The coordinator is also expected to continuously improve upon the structure, goals and outcomes of the program, which means that this position also offers a great deal of freedom to incorporate new, fun and innovative ways of teaching.
- Continue to further develop the English curriculum, plan and create our weekly lesson plans and attend, supervise and/or facilitate our English classes
- Supervise, support and facilitate meetings with any other English volunteers you may be supporting
- Take attendance, evaluate and document progress and maintain our English program database up to date and organized
- Keep the English materials organized and always put all materials away after every class
- Organize at least one local fundraiser event to help raise money for the English Program budget and/or apply for at least one grant to help us raise more money for the English Program
- Recruit more students to the classes when attendance is low or when we are beginning new classes
- Build positive relationships with the families to improve attendance, behaviors and ETIV’s community relations
- Help us recruit more volunteers to support our English Program
- Continuously update and improve upon our English Program Manual for incoming volunteers
- Set up Skype meetings with incoming English volunteers or coordinators
ETIV do Brasil
Fluency in English and intermediate to advanced Portuguese; strong leadership, social and organizational skills; patience, flexibility and punctuality.
Dates of program:
Duration of program:
3 months minimum and 4 to 6 months time commitment preferred for all coordinators (however we do welcome applications for English volunteers/interns that can only stay 1-3 months
Adults of both sexes 18+
US$67 admin fee plus monthly contribution. Prices start at US$275 for 1 month and the monthly contribution decreases the longer volunteers stay with us (e.g. US$121 per month for six month stays). The contribution includes volunteer placement, orientation, training, supervision and life insurance. We also offer accommodation at our volunteer house, taxi pick-up from Ilheus airport and Portuguese and Capoeira classes at an additional cost.
Prior to arrival, volunteers and interns receive support, our Pre-Departure PowerPoint, a Skype interview and Portuguese audio lessons once they are officially signed up with the NGO. We can also organize taxi pick-ups, housing, project placements and Portuguese lessons with our local instructor before or after arrive. All volunteers and interns will also receive an Introduction to the NGO, a tour of Itacaré, life insurance, project training and ongoing support and supervision during their volunteer time or internship with the NGO. Those who complete quality work with the NGO can also expect to receive excellent references from the NGO after a job well done. Most interns can receive university credit while interning with us and some are even able to receive a University stipend or grant to help cover their expenses. We offer ongoing supervision for interns and can complete all university documents and evaluations as deemed necessary. Interns can also earn credit by completing a remote/virtual internship with us completely free of charge. Low income volunteers and interns that are willing and able to dedicate at least 5-months (preferably 6) to the project may apply for a grant with the NGO to have their volunteer contribution waived. However, everyone is responsible for covering their own food, travel, accommodation and personal expenses and everyone must pay the US$67 admin fee that covers all legal documentation. These positions are perfect for someone seeking a meaningful internship experience in a stunning location with a thriving Afro-Brazilian culture. Itacaré is unique place where the Rainforest meets the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful beaches, jungles, waterfalls and wildlife abound.
There are no reviews to display
Apply nowMembers only content - Register or Login
Apply on website
If you prefer, you can visit the project website directly and apply there. When applying, please mention that you saw this project on volunteerlatinamerica.com.