Leader of our Madres Luchadoras Project (Textile Project) Peru
Our staff and volunteers strive toward excellence, equity, collaboration, initiative and gratitude in the work we do, and welcome candidates that share these values. We are seeking a hard working, dedicated person to join our team.
As the Leader of our Madres Luchadoras project you will be responsible for the direct community work of Intiwawa on the field. In this position, you directly accompany the women who participate in our Madres Luchadoras project and coordinate their schedule and activities with our project coordinator, trainer, and psychologist. You will be the main point of contact for the team and project participants and contribute with your initiative and creativity on progressing this project. Mission The goal of our Madres Luchadoras project is to create a source of work for the women of the San Isidro community that empowers them through their participation in economic-productive and leadership activities. This source of work will in turn allow them to generate a permanent income to support their households without the need to disengage from caring for their children. We work to ensure that the women of the San Isidro community participate actively in the social and economic life of their community with equal rights and opportunities, and to improve the quality of life of their children and families, preserving their identity, values and customs.
- Work onsite in Mollebaya district (located 1:30 - 02:00 hours from the center of Arequipa) in close coordination with the Project Coordinator and follow the guidelines established in the work plan for the timely fulfillment of the objectives
- Coordinate and supervise activities in the textile workshop in order to meet the objectives defined by the work plan and organize the academic and production schedule
- Coordinate all academic and counseling activities in which the mothers are involved with the trainer and psychologist (ex: visits of enterprises, manage schedule changes or implementation in the classroom if required)
- Support in inventory control activities, supervise the adequate use of raw materials and the maintenance of the weaving machines
- Ensure compliance with internal rules and procedures
- Inform the project coordinator about the progress of the textile training and counseling, as well as any other developments related to project execution
- Others as assigned by the Project Coordinator
Please send a letter of motivation, CV and your criminal record certificate to email@example.com.
San Isidro, Arequipa
Spanish - B2 minimum; first experience in Leadership of events/projects/ teams; excellent intercultural communication skills; excellent self-management and organization skills; high level of team-work, creativity and responsibility.
Dates of program:
From now on
Duration of program:
6 months minimum
Adults of both sexes 18+
There are no costs you have to cover for supporting us, but still you have to cover your expenses for accommodation. Work-related expenses are covered and low-cost housing is available.
A letter of reference and certificate will be provided at the end of the term.
There are no reviews to display
Apply nowMembers only content - Register or Login
Apply on website
If you prefer, you can visit the project website directly and apply there. When applying, please mention that you saw this project on volunteerlatinamerica.com.