Teaching English to Native Children of the Peruvian Andes Peru
We are a legal non-profit organization that is working continuously and with great enthusiasm since our legal formation in 2009. We promote self-management within communities, as a means of organisation and development.
Our organization needs volunteers for our project with children. These children come from migrant families in areas that have been declared, by the main organisations of international development, to be in a situation of extreme poverty and need (Junín, Huancavelica, Ayacucho and Central Rainforest). We work directly with communities of the Central Andes of Peru, where the neglect and need is great; there is virtually no presence of volunteering or state organisations providing these children with assistance, emotional, caring, educational or material support. Come and participate in this wonderful cause, by helping to improve self-esteem that has been destroyed, and by assisting with education. Many of the children come from dysfunctional migrant Quechua families that suffer from neglect and domestic violence that is caused by their difficult situation and economic, social and cultural marginalisation. Come and participate as a volunteer on this project, built with our own hands and with the ambition of undertaking transparent, genuine and direct social work with the community.
The organization offers as retribution:
- Discounts from the second month, exemption of the contribution for people who want a greater commitment of collaboration (coordinators, partners, former volunteers or friends)
- Accommodation in a spacious and comfortable room in an equipped house with unlimited wifi
- Basic work materials
- Continuous advice by a team with real motivation and experience in the social field
- Exchange courses without or with very low cost (e.g. pastry, cocktails and others)
- Excursions to interesting places at the weekends
- Information about interesting places and trips in Peru
- Learn and improve your level of Spanish in a practical and direct way
- Ability to be an integral part of our organization (including legally speaking)
- Information about Andean-Inca history, culture and folklore, etc.
Sharing Dreams Project
El Tambo, Huancayo, Junin
People with an adaptable, open and positive mentality, with the ability to work and integrate into a multicultural team. It is not necessary to have previous experience in volunteering.
Dates of program:
Duration of program:
1 month minimum, 3 months maximum (it’s possible to extend or decrease this period of time in coordination with us)
Adults of both sexes 18+ (families are also accepted)
Monthly contribution of US$290 which covers accommodation, continuous counselling, training, practical course of Spanish, courses or exchange in meals, pastry and cocktails of Peru, cultural information, as well as guided excursions without cost all weekends. Discounts and exemptions possible (see project description).
There are no reviews to display
Apply nowMembers only content - Register or Login
Web links / Other ways to help
If you visit and apply via the website please mention that you saw this project on volunteerlatinamerica.com.