Amazon Expedition Brazil
A 15-day all-inclusive expedition including biological research, tourism, wildlife watching, Amazonian culture and food, lectures as well as cooking and capoeira class. For more information, please contact us for the Amazon Expedition Info Pack.
Training in Scientific Methodologies and Field Techniques
- Camera trap for mammal monitoring
- Bird Inventory for species identification
- Habitat Monitoring and use of bio-indicators to understand the health of the environment
- Forest Inventory and mapping out level of forest conservation through the flora biodiversity mushroom inventory and bioluminescent mushroom nocturnal search
- Active nocturnal search for amphibians - understand the decline in amphibians globally
- Fish Inventory
Amazonian Culture, History and Food
- Brazilian Capoeira and Martial Arts Class
- Watch traditional Amazonian dance of Curimbo
- Cooking Class and How to Make Brazilian food
- Trying the Incredible Indigenous Amazonian cuisine
- Classic Brazilian BBQ experience beach at sunset (with veggie options)
- Visit Belterra, created by Henry Ford for rubber extraction
- Visit the local fish market and potentially see pink river dolphins
- Visit the community of Coroco who produce honey and care for turtles
- Experience all of the Amazon’s delicious fruits
Tourism and Trips
- Visit the gigantic Sumauma trees of the Amazon in the National Park of Flona
- Trail to see monkey and sloths (and maybe even an anaconda)
- See the famous Amazonian water lily and even eat it
- Gorgeous sunsets and star gazing
- Boat trips to visit countless stunning beaches
- Visit animal rehab center of manatees
- See the encounter of the Amazon River with the Tapajos River
- Wildlife watching
- 2 day boat tour - sleep on a boat and wake up to gorgeous sunrise over the lake Kayaking and stand-up on the river and feeding turtles
IPBio - Biodiversity Reasearch Institute (Reserva Jutuarana)
No formal requirements but places are limited so we will choose best applicants
Dates of program:
The Amazon Expedition occurs 3 times a year at the beginning of: August, October and December. August 2022 will not occur.
Duration of program:
Adults of both sexes 18+
The Amazon Expedition is all-inclusive at a total of 12,000 reais. Once you arrive at the airport, EVERYTHING IS INCLUDED. Airport pick-up, tours, food and transport so you genuinely do not even need to take your wallet. Of course, it is always good to have some cash for an emergency and if you wish to buy an extra snacks or souvenirs at shops. We do not cover visa or flight costs.
Minimum of 8 participants and maximum of 12 (excluding coordinators of the expedition).
There are no reviews to display
Apply nowMembers only content - Register or Login
Web links / Other ways to help
If you visit and apply via the website please mention that you saw this project on volunteerlatinamerica.com.