Sea Turtle & Rainforest Conservation Program Ecuador
We were founded in 2019 with the hope of contributing to conserve the diverse and fragile ecosystems of the Galera Peninsula, San Francisco, in the province of Esmeraldas, Ecuador. Our main goal is to work with children and young people, through workshops and activities that raise awareness about the importance of respecting all beings of Nature, to protect the surrounding forests and beaches. In recent years, we have been working with other local organizations to strengthen sustainable enterprises: regenerative agriculture, community tourism, sea turtle rescue, bio-construction, recovery of ancestral knowledge, among others, with the aim of building a development model in balance with nature.
- Become part of a multidisciplinary team for the conservation of sea turtles and for the threatened coastal rainforests through Permaculture/regenerative agriculture.
- Live a tropical conservation experience in one of the most biodiverse ecosystems in the world, between the last remnants of Ecuadorian coastal rainforest and the Galera - San Francisco Marine Reserve.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to get involved in sea turtle conservation actions, such as monitoring nesting beaches, protecting nests or collecting and classifying plastics.
- Learn on tropical Permaculture working in regenerative cacao farms and agroforestry systems alongside real ecological farmers.
- Live an amazing cultural experience living in the jungle and by getting involved in conservation projects with local communities and their youth.
Quingue, Muisne, Esmeraldas
Good physical condition.
Dates of program:
Duration of program:
1 week minimum
Adults of both sexes 18+
US$130 per week which includes training on environmental conservation, accommodation, food, 24/7 support, orientation, activities, tools, organization administrative costs.
Accommodation: most of the time will be on a private/shared room with other volunteers. If the volunteer's stay is longer than 3 months, option to live with a local host family available. Unlimited Wi-Fi access included. Three meals: we will eat very healthy local food from the organic farms, also sustainable fish/chickens/eggs available. Training on marine turtle conservation and/or tropical Permaculture.
There are no reviews to display
Apply nowMembers only content - Register or Login
Web links / Other ways to help
If you visit and apply via the website please mention that you saw this project on volunteerlatinamerica.com.