Teaching English to Native Children of the Peruvian Andes Peru
We are a non-profit organization that has worked continuously and with great enthusiasm since our legal formation in 2009. We promote self-management within communities, as a means of organization and development.
Our organization needs volunteers for our project with children. These children come from migrant families in areas that have been declared, by the main international development organizations, in extreme situations of poverty and need (Junín, Huancavelica, Ayacucho and Selva Central). We work directly with communities in the Central Andes of Peru, where abandonment and need are great; There is practically no presence of volunteers or state organizations that provide these children with assistance, emotional, emotional, educational or material support. Come and participate in this wonderful cause, helping to improve self-esteem that has been destroyed and helping with education. We also provide an authentic and intense cultural exchange experience, many trips and courses at no cost. Many of the children come from Quechua immigrant families who suffer abandonment and domestic violence caused by their difficult situation and economic, social and cultural marginalization. Come and participate as a volunteer in this project, built with our own hands and with the ambition of carrying out transparent, genuine and direct social work with the community.
The organization offers as compensation:
- Discounts from the second month onwards, exemption from the contribution for people who want a greater commitment to collaboration (coordinators, partners, former volunteers or friends)
- Option of accommodation in a spacious and comfortable room in a house equipped with unlimited Wi-Fi
- Basic work materials
- Continuous advice from a team with true motivation and experience in the social field
- Free exchange courses on pastries, national foods and desserts, cocktails with healthy exotic ingredients
- Cultural immersion in the community, visit communities and artisan villages, native fairs and markets, local museums, traditional restaurants, theme parks in the city, cinemas, pubs or organize a celebration party
- Many excursions in the Andes and Peruvian jungle to interesting places on weekends. Information about interesting places and trips in Peru
- Learn and improve your level of Spanish in a practical and direct way
- Ability to be an integral part of our organization (even legally speaking)
- Information on history, culture and Andean-Inca folklore, etc.
El Tambo, Huancayo, Junin
Minimum age 19 years; have an open, tolerant and positive mindset; it is very important to have the ability and patience to deal with little kids (5-9 years old); possess native English or advanced level of English; skills or interests related to yoga, fitness, holistic energetic health, and related spiritual philosophies (optional); ability to work in a multicultural team.
Dates of program:
Duration of program:
1 month minimum, 3 months maximum (it’s possible to extend or decrease this period of time in coordination with us)
Adults of both sexes 19+ (families are also accepted)
A single financial contribution of US$190 that covers the total participation time of up to three months or more, this helps us provide work materials, basic services, as well as a specialized tutor, 24/7 advice, guidance on excursions and exchange courses, option of accommodation in a personal room in the organization's house for US$3 a day, free of charge from the third month.
Fill out and send the application form that is on our website.
There are no reviews to display
Apply nowMembers only content - Register or Login
Web links / Other ways to help
If you visit and apply via the website please mention that you saw this project on volunteerlatinamerica.com.